Soft, chewy cookies with a super sweet raspberry filling – doesn’t get much better!
These are super easy and quick to prepare, and you can always just use ready made jam to make the process even quicker.
1 1/2 Cups Plain Flour
1/2 Cup Oats
1 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Almond Butter
1 tsp Almond Extract
5 tsps Almond Milk
FOR THE JAM:
200g Frozen Raspberries
5 tbsps of sweetener (e.g. maple syrup, fruit syrup, agave syrup)
1 tbsp cornstarch
- Pre-Heat the oven to 200C.
- Firstly, make the jam. Add the raspberries to a saucepan and let them defrost, stirring occasionally to ensure it doesn’t burn. Once the raspberries are soft and have started to release juice, add the syrup and the cornstarch. Continue to heat and stir to stop burning until the jam is thick and bubbling. Use a spoon to crush the raspberries to create a smoother jam.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, oats, brown sugar).
- Add all the wet ingredients (almond butter, almond extract).
- Mix everything together well, add almond milk one tsp at a time under the mixture comes together but isn’t too sticky.
- Flour your hands and take a ball of the mixture, place onto a lined baking tray and use your thumb to press an indent in the middle.
- Fill the indent with a tsp of raspberry jam.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Leave to cool down slightly and firm up, then enjoy!