In classic Lauren style – they’re not very pretty. BUT they taste flippin’ good so that’s all that matters as far as I’m concerned.
These are the answer to WEEK TWO Great British (Vegan) Bake Off challenge – the sandwich biscuits. They’re sort of like an oreo with a ton more filling and a delicious mocha flavour .
MAKES 25 SANDWICH BISCUITS
250g Plain Flour
50g Cacao Powder (or Cocoa)
50g Caster Sugar
50g Brown Sugar
75g Vegetable shortening
75g Vegan Butter
3/4 cup chocolate non-dairy milk (or just non-dairy milk)
75g Coconut Oil
300g Icing Sugar
1 Shot of Espresso
- Pre-Heat oven to 180C and grease about 3 baking trays.
- Combine your dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cacao) into a bowl.
- Add the shortening and butter then combine.
- Gradually add the liquid enough the dough comes together – DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Cut the cookies into any size you like, then place onto the greased baking trays and bake for 20 minutes.
- For the filling, simply mix the coconut oil with the icing sugar, adding the sugar gradually and the espresso shot about half way through.
- Either pipe or spoon on a dollop of icing (the more the merrier as far as I’m concerned!) then place an equal size cookie on top.
Youtube video to come!