Unfortunately (?), there’s no actual alcohol in these. Although – I’m sure replacing the flavouring with real rum would work also.
Super easy recipe with stellar results; these are soft cookies with a caramel vibe because of the brown sugar.
MAKES 25 COOKIES
3 1/4 cups plain flour
2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/2 coconut sugar (sub for brown sugar)
1 cup brown sugar
250g vegan butter
1/2 cup raisins
4 tsps rum flavouring
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- Sift the flour into large bowl, then add the bicarbonate, baking powder and sugar. If your brown sugar is lumpy, use your fingers to rub the lumps into the flour as if you were making breadcrumbs until it is relatively smooth, a few lumps won’t matter!
- Make your “egg” (3 tsps to 6 tbsps of water)
- Add the butter, then using a spoon and some arm strength, combine the mixture until it’s come together in a crumbly dough.
- Add the egg, raisins and rum flavouring and mix again, it should come together as a dough now.
- Place the dough out on a floured surface, then roll it out to about a cm thickness. Cut the cookies into whatever space you please.
- Place on a lined (with parchment/baking paper) baking tray, leaving space between them as they grow, and bake for 12 minutes.