I won’t lie – this was the product of stress baking while revising for my exams. However, it turned out bloody good! Highly recommend serving it warm with a drizzle of chocolate sauce, good comfort food indeed.
Thank you to my chum Kieran for requesting it.
225g self raising flour
75g caster sugar
75g brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
2 ripe bananas
115g vegan butter
2 tbsps maple syrup
1 flax egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Combine the flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Cream the butter and sugar together (mix with a spoon until combined and smooth) then add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl (mashed banana, eggs, milk, vanilla, maple syrup).
- Cut the chocolate into roughly 1cm by 1cm cubes, add to the dry ingredient mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently combine.
- Place into a greased cake tin and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.