I am aware this does not look appealing, however, do regular bacon bits look particularly nice?
These are perfect for sprinkling on salads or any dish that requires a bit of salty goodness.
Easy – Enjoy!
1 pack of firm tofu
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Using kitchen towel and a heavy object (can recommend a NEXT catalogue lol), press as much water out of the tofu as possible.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Crumble the tofu into tiny pieces straight into the marinade using your hands, as little as possible so they get crispy!
- Mix everything and ensure the tofu is covered, leave for at least 10 minutes to marinate.
- Place the tofu onto a lined baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
- Using a spatula, toss the tofu on the tray, mixing it around.
- Bake for another 10 minutes, then mix the tofu around again.
- Bake for a final 10 minutes, your tofu should be a bit chewy and crispy, if you want it crisper, bake in 5 minutes intervals until you’re happy.